Fees, payments, and sums fixed by the Stockton Parish Council to operate from 1st April 2017.
For the interment and right of burial in an earthen grave not exceeding 2.4 X 1.2 metres: -
1. The body of a still born child, or a child whose age at the time of death did not exceed sixteen (16) years - free of charge
2. The body of a person whose age at the time of death exceeded sixteen (16) years - the sum of £200.
3. Cremated remains in a grave not exceeding 1.5 X 1.0 metres - the sum of £100
4. For the scattering of ashes in a designated area of the burial ground - the sum of £75.
The fees indicated for the various items: -
- Do not include the digging of the grave.
- Apply only where the interment is made within the times specified in the current rules and regulations for the burial ground. Or on the certification of a Coroner or registered medical practitioner that immediate interment is necessary.
The Clerk to Stockton Parish Council will determineall interments.
MONUMENTS, GRAVESTONES, TABLETS AND INSCRIPTIONS
Stockton Parish Council restricts monuments, gravestones, etc., to a Headstone not exceeding 1.0 metres high and 1.0 metres wide. Permission to erect Headstones must be approved through the Clerk to Stockton Parish Council.
The payment for all forms of headstone will be £200
The fees, payments, and sums set out above apply where the person to be interred, or in respect of whom the right is granted, is, or immediately before death, was an inhabitant, or parishioner, of the Parish of Stockton in Warwickshire. Or in the case of a stillborn child, where the parents (or one of them) are at the time of interment, were such inhabitants or parishioners.
In all other eventualities, where prior permission has been obtained from Stockton Parish Council, the fees, payments, and sums will be increased by £100, except where the right of burial in the grave in question was acquired by a parishioner who no longer lives in the Parish of Stockton.
Requests for burial plots would normally be granted to those born or resident in Stockton. Other requests for burial plots will be at the discretion of Stockton Parish Council.
MATTERS CONCERNING THE BURIAL GROUND, AND NOT COVERED BY THE ABOVE RULES, ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF STOCKTON PARISH COUNCIL.