Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Recycling Facilities

For the next three months collections will be as follows:

February:
5th, 19th:- Blue Lid and Green Bin
12th, 26th:- Grey Bin only

March:

April:
2nd,16th, 30th:- Blue Lid and Green Bin
9th, 23rd:- Grey Bin only

Emptying Green Bins will cost £40 per annum from 1st April 2021

Garden Waste Service – Frequently Asked Questions

1. How much is it to sign up to the service? The annual charge is £40 per green bin, however, if you sign up between 11th January and 28th February 2021, there is an early bird charge of £35 per green bin. To ensure there is no disruption to your service, you will need to sign up by 18th March 2021 to allow time for your permit to be delivered.

2. Is this charge compulsory? No. The service will only be available to residents that register for the service. If you do not register and make the payment, your green bin will not be collected and there will be no charge to you. Therefore, if you do not have a garden or do not want to pay for the collections, you do not need to do anything.

3. Will you take my green bin away if I am not paying for the service? We can arrange to collect your green bin if you decide not to sign up to have your bin emptied, however, we would recommend that you give this a few months to decide after the subscription service is in place. If we do remove your bin and then you decide you would like to sign up for the service, there will be a £42 charge for a new green bin plus the £40 subscription.

4. What should I do with my food waste? You can place up to three food waste caddies for collection on your scheduled garden waste collection day. The food caddies will be available free of charge, on request.

5. Can I put the garden waste in my grey rubbish bin? No. 95% of the waste in the grey bin is taken to an energy from waste facility, they cannot accept garden waste at this plant. If there is garden waste in your grey bin, it will not be emptied. The collections crews will be monitoring bins for hidden garden waste and a thorough check will be made if evidence shows previous contamination.

6. Can I put garden waste in my blue-lidded recycling bin? No. The recycling in the blue-lidded bin is sorted at a materials recycling facility, they cannot accept garden waste at this plant. If there is garden waste in your blue-lidded bin, it will not be emptied. The collection crews will be monitoring bins for hidden garden waste and a thorough check will be made if evidence shows previous contamination.

7. Can I pay monthly or pay for a one-off collection? The annual charge is fixed for one year from 1st April to 31st March. The charge must be paid in full and there is no pro-rata rate available.

8. Can I put additional bags at the side of the bin? No. The charge is per green bin and only bins showing the official permits will be emptied, residents can have as many bins as required.

Stockton HW&RC (tip) reopened on Saturday 26th September.

Initially, it will only open SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS, with extended closing times of 5.45pm (17.45) on both days. There will be a booking system, with appointments becoming available the week before: visit https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/recyclingcentres

All households should make full use of their kerbside waste collection service, which your local council is making every effort to keep operational for your recycling, green and food waste and general waste. Bin collection day is FRIDAY, with Blue and Green lid bins collected one week and Grey lid bin collected the next week.

For the next three months collections will be as follows:
February:

March:

April:
2nd,16th, 30th:- Blue Lid and Green Bin
9th, 23rd:- Grey Bin only

Normal Operating Hours for the recycling centre are:
Summer: Saturday-Sunday 08.30-17.45, Monday 09.30-17.45, Effective until 30th September
Winter: Saturday-Sunday 08.30-16.15, Monday 09.30-15.15, Effective until 30th March.