Recycling/ Tip Facilities
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING HOUSEHOLD COLLECTIONS
The new ‘123+ waste service’ commenced in August 2022.
Collection day is FRIDAY, and the scheduled programme for the next three months is:
3rd - Food caddy only
10th - Food caddy, Blue and Green
17th - Food caddy, Grey bin
24th - Food caddy, Blue and Green
3rd - Food caddy only
10th - Food caddy, Blue, Green and Grey
17th - Food caddy only
24th - Food caddy, Blue and Green
31st - Food caddy, Grey bin
7th - Food caddy, Blue and Green
14th - Food caddy only
21st - Food caddy, Blue, Green and Grey
28th - Food caddy only
In summary, there will be four collections over a three week cycle from August, comprising:
- A food waste collection, every week using a food caddy (a small kitchen caddy for inside the property) and a larger food waste bin to use outside and put out for collection.
- A recycling collection, every two weeks using the blue-lidded wheeled bin for mixed recycling.
- A refuse collection, every three weeks using the existing grey wheeled bin
- Garden waste collection, every two weeks using the existing green wheeled bin.
Emptying Green Bins will cost £42 per annum from 1st April 2022
Garden Waste Service – Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much is it to sign up to the service? The annual charge is £42 per green bin.
2. Is this charge compulsory? No. The service will only be available to residents that register for the service. If you do not register and make the payment, your green bin will not be collected and there will be no charge to you. Therefore, if you do not have a garden or do not want to pay for the collections, you do not need to do anything.
3. Will you take my green bin away if I am not paying for the service? We can arrange to collect your green bin if you decide not to sign up to have your bin emptied, however, we would recommend that you give this a few months to decide after the subscription service is in place. If we do remove your bin and then you decide you would like to sign up for the service, there will be a £42 charge for a new green bin plus the £40 subscription.
4. What should I do with my food waste? You can place up to three food waste caddies for collection on your scheduled garden waste collection day. The food caddies will be available free of charge, on request.
5. Can I put the garden waste in my grey rubbish bin? No. 95% of the waste in the grey bin is taken to an energy from waste facility, they cannot accept garden waste at this plant. If there is garden waste in your grey bin, it will not be emptied. The collections crews will be monitoring bins for hidden garden waste and a thorough check will be made if evidence shows previous contamination.
6. Can I put garden waste in my blue-lidded recycling bin? No. The recycling in the blue-lidded bin is sorted at a materials recycling facility, they cannot accept garden waste at this plant. If there is garden waste in your blue-lidded bin, it will not be emptied. The collection crews will be monitoring bins for hidden garden waste and a thorough check will be made if evidence shows previous contamination.
7. Can I pay monthly or pay for a one-off collection? The annual charge is fixed for one year from 1st April to 31st March. The charge must be paid in full and there is no pro-rata rate available.
8. Can I put additional bags at the side of the bin? No. The charge is per green bin and only bins showing the official permits will be emptied, residents can have as many bins as required.
Stockton HW&RC (tip) is open on each Saturday and Sunday 08.30 - 16.15 until31st March 2023.
There is a booking system, with appointments becoming available the week before: visit https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/recyclingcentres
The booking system is in place to keep site visitors and staff safe.
To allow the maximum number of householders to have access to an essential visit, we are limiting bookings to one per fortnight per household.
This service is only for Warwickshire residents, so if you live outside of Warwickshire you will not be able to use it.
We are only accepting waste delivered in cars. Vans, pick-ups, trailers, bikes or walked-ins are not permitted. To book a car with trailer, go to www.warwickshire.gov.uk/hwrc
Please try to reduce your waste as much as you can and fully use your kerbside service.
A visit to the recycling centre will be a different experience because of the booking system and the need for social distancing. The staff will not be able to give physical help with waste. Only one person is allowed out of each car. Therefore you will need to be able to carry all items of waste on your own.
Types of waste
The booking system is for household waste (general household waste or garden waste or recycling).
Trade, business, commercial and DIY waste that you would pay to dispose of can be taken to Princes Drive and Hunters Lane and you do not need to book if you pay by weight at the weighbridge or have a trade recycling permit. (Pay by Card only. A valid waste carriers licence number is needed if you are carrying waste that is not from your own house.)
Waste and recycling must be sorted in advance to reduce waste to landfill and to allow for efficient deposit in the correct container. Recyclable household packaging will not be accepted in the residual waste and should be recycled at the kerbside. Waste in wheelie bins cannot be accepted.
The council will make every effort to make available all recycling streams, however there may be changes to materials and site layout.
Limits on restricted materials will be enforced – 3 bags of rubble or soil.
Contaminated waste (e.g. tissues or face masks) from a household with infection must be quarantined at home for at least 72 hours prior to visit and double bagged.
You will choose a specific day to visit and ¼ hour time slot.
The registration of the vehicle delivering waste must match the booking confirmation.
You will receive an email detailing your booking, you can also create a log on for EventBrite to access your booking details.
New slots are released several times a week, so check back if a suitable slot is not currently available.
If you will not attend, please cancel your slot at last 48 hours in advance to make it available to other people. This can be done from the email confirmation.
On the day
Please bring with you the booking information, either on your phone or printed out.
Suitable clothing must be worn – no open toe footwear.
Please wash your hands before leaving home.
Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your allocated time.
Please ensure you deposit your waste within your 15 minute timeslot.
There will be a meet-and-greet officer near the gate to check booking and provide direction.
Queuing signage and staff instructions must be followed.
Best endeavours will be made for access during your allotted time.
Stay in your car while queuing, with your windows up.
There may be security staff and staff wearing body-worn video-cameras.
Observe the 5 mph speed limit.
Park as directed in allocated bays only, some parking bays will be coned off.
Only one person per car may get out and deposit waste. Parking bays may be a short distance from the skips.
Do not cross or move barriers.
Social distancing of at least 2m between visitors and between visitors and staff must be observed.
Avoid touching surfaces unless absolutely necessary.
Staff cannot give you physical assistance with waste.
If you need advice, call to a member of staff who will come to you.
Do not touch your face. Wash your hands after visiting.
Move around on site with caution, do not be distracted by handheld devices such as phones or cameras.
You will be sent an email containing the booking details. Check your spam or junk folder.
Please read the rules and what to expect carefully and the information about reducing waste.
Thank you in advance for your patience. Staff are working hard in difficult circumstances to keep sites operating and maintain safe operations. Please treat our staff with respect.
Your information will be used for the purpose of fulfilling this booking and any subsequent administration required as part of that process.
Anonymised data may be used for management information and statistics to assess the service and measure future provisions. All of your information is processed in accordance with any applicable data protection legislation and regulations.
For full details on how we use, store and share your information, please see the Privacy Notice.
If you are having difficulty with your booking, or you have questions about the use of the recycling centres, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information regarding Recycling Collections
For the latest information regarding recycling by Stratford District visit www.stratford.gov.uk and select the "Recycling" button on the home page.
Any queries you may have - call the "Info Line" on 01789 260616.
In summary, you can now put the following items out as part of the kerbside recycling collection service:
* Unwanted small electrical and electronic equipment
* Household batteries