The canal near Stockton rises up a set of eight locks.
The Warwick and Napton Canal first opened in 1799 and must have brought considerable change to the locality. This became part of the Grand Union Canal in 1929. A branch was taken off the canal into the cement works for loading the cement. It is now largely filled in but can still be seen in the woods.
|old bridge across the canal|
Today the leisure industry associated with the canal offers local employment in boat building and marinas, of which there are several locally